Saturday, August 13, 2011

Autumn Acorns & Background Basics: Houndstooth Day 5

Yay! It's day five of the Papertrey Ink Countdown! And that means.... all that you've seen peeks of these past few days (Aututmn Acorns, Autumn Acorns Die Collection & Background Basics: Houndstooth) will be available tomorrow, August 15th, at Papertrey Ink. I've got a couple more creations to share with you before this Countdown comes to an end...First up a sweet friendship card using Autumn Acorns.I began this card by lightly drawing, by hand, an outline of a heart onto a Rustic White cardstock block. Inked the smallest leaves in Spring Moss and stamp around the heart. I then moved up a leaf size and began to stamp around the small leaves. Then erased the heart.Within the heart space I stamped a outline heart image (from the 2010 Love Tags set), a sentiment and two small acorns (from the Autumn Acorns set). Embellished with rhinestones and white silk ribbon and then attached to a Rustic Cream card base.This next single layer card pairs Autumn Acorns with Background Basics: Houndstooth.I began by stamping an acorn bottom in spring moss onto a Rustic White card base. Cut out and placed a Post It Note mask and then stamped with polka dots (from Bitty Background Blocks) in Ripe Avocado.I then stamped the acorn top and leaf. Next, I masked off both the acorn bottom and leaf and then stamped the frame (from the Fillable Frames Additions 2 set, also available August 15th).Removed the masks and stamped with the greeting. Once the ink was completely dry, I stamped a couple of houndstooth rows, in Versamark ink, across the card front and embossed with clear embossing powder.I love the shine that the clear embossing powder add. Then finished the card of with a Simply Chartreuse button.

That's it from me today! But don't forget, tomorrow (August 15th) is the day to get your hands on my newest stamp set and coordinating die at Papertrey Ink!

Thanks for stopping by!

Maile


Nut'n Better Than A Friend Like You:

Greetings:

12 comments:

  1. Love these cards! I especially love the clear-embossed houndstooth--a subtle but perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards! I love the bg on the first card. Great bg and masking on the second card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, I love what you did with the acorns on the first card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such adorable cards! I love your heart outline with the leaves. This is a wonderful set and so glad there are dies with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wauw!! These are gorgeous!! Love the masking in your second card, but I'm head over heals with that first card!!! This is sooo perfect!!! Love how you created the white space of the heart with all the leaves! That's amazing and I love how the leaves grow bigger more to the top!!! Perfection!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaack! I LOVE today's projects! Will there ever be a release where i don't Need/WANT everything?!?!?!?
    Maile, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this wonderful cards with us! The tutorial is easy to understand, perfect!
    Have a nice week,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so amazed by the fact that you made so many different looking cards from these two sets. FABULOUS. Your simplicity is admired and inspirational. I must give it a try. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cards! I think you love the acorns as much as I do! I can't wait to get my hands on them! Thanks for sharing such beautiful cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Card ideas, Maile! You have inspired me so much!
    xox Julia Sáddi - Brazil

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS