Monday, January 16, 2012

CARDS Magazine Publication

So, it's been a while since I last share any of my published projects with you. I thought it was about time I started up again. I figured I would start with a few of my favorite older creations from previous magazine publications. So, in case you missed it, here is a sympathy card from the March 2011 CARDS issue....This card features two of my all time Hero Arts stamp favorites... the Lace Background and the Dogwood. I started by stamping the Lace Background in Versamark ink onto a kraft card base. Here's A Tip: The card base was trimmed to 3 3/4" wide, to accommodate the flower extending over the edge.I then stamped the card base with the Dogwood image and sentiment in True Black. Here's A Tip: When working with wood mounted rubber stamps (such as the two used on today's card) use a stamp positioning tool, such as a Stamp-a-ma-jig, for perfect placement. Stamped the Dogwood a second time onto Rustic White cardstock, trimmed and attached. Here's A Tip: For added detail, I attached the flowers, at the centers, with a flat Glue Dot and the petals with dimensional adhesive. Then finished the card off with Fine Linen ribbon and True Black buttons.

That's all I've got for you today, I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by!

Maile




With Sympathy:

16 comments:

  1. Stunning. Simply stunning! And what a perfect marriage those two Hero Arts stamps make!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card, love the flower and your treatment. Thanks for the tips too! I can see why this card would have been selected for a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning! The background is just as detailed and lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, Maile. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I flagged this card when I first saw it in the magazine, Maile! It's been my go-to card for inspiration when making sympathy cards. Congrats on the many acceptances I've seen appear since then. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Maile - paring the dogwood with the lace background is stunning :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that tip about the glue dot in the center of the flower, but foam tape under the petals. Neverending inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tips, Maile! Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! Dogwoods are BC provincial flower and you have used them to perfection here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS on another publication, Maile! This sympathy card is so beautiful. The plain b+w and lovely flowers on the pretty, sublte background, make such an "I care" statement. Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very pretty. It's so hard to make a sympathy card and this one is just perfect.Thanks for sharing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card - thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on being published and this card is gorgeous! love everything about it. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS