Saturday, December 15, 2012

Papertrey Ink December Release Projects

The Papertrey Ink December Countdown is about to come to an end and I'm here to share my final projects with you today. But, before I do, let me remind you that everything you've seen peeks of will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink beginning 10 pm EST tonight.
Now, let me get started!...
Ribbons & Bows and Think Big Favorites #23...  To allow for it to stand out, I stamped the "LOVE" circles in black ink onto rustic white cardstock.
Using a light ink, such as sweet blush, I stamped the ribbon image to make it appear as if it was behind the sentiment.  Then for a pop of color, I stamped the tiny heart in pure poppy, cut it out and popped it up with a bit of dimensional adhesive.  Finished the card off with a strip of American Crafts pattern paper.
Quilled Elegance and Sending My Love... Starting from the bottom right corner and moving up the card (creating a look of movement) I stamped the large Quilled Elegance image in a color combo of limeade ice, Hero Arts wet cement and Archival viridian.
Then finished the card off with a sentiment that pops, with the help of some dimensional adhesive of course.
Love Potion... For a bold focal point, I grouped a few of the beakers together.  Carefully overlapping each one as I stamped. 
The overlapping allows the love potion filled beakers to sort of blend together, once stamped in Arichival viridian, limeade ice and summer sunrise.  Finished the card off with a little sentiment strip for the three to sit on.
Framed Out #11 and Sending My Love... And I leave you with my last touch of gold (for the countdown that is).  My plan was to mount the sentiment banner directly into the center of the card.  So with this in mind, I was careful to stamp the heart grouping slightly off center.  To give the focal point a bit of an unexpected look. Get what I mean?
I die cut a banner from white cardstock, trimmed off the ends and stamped the center portion with the sentiment.  Then I took the end pieces, pressed them into the gold ink pad and assembled the banner.

Well, that's all of them!

Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Teams fabulous projects as well...

Thanks for stopping by!

Maile


LOVE Card



I Heart You Card



We've Got Great Chemistry Card


I Have Always Known Card

8 comments:

  1. I went out and bought Galaxy Gold ink after your first release post this month, Maile. I can't believe I've never used gold ink before. Thanks SO much for that. I can hardly wait to try out Quilled Flowers AND Ribbons and Bows. I loved all of your release projects, but these sets are among my favorites. Merry Christmas. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I love your work with gold! The Ribbons & Bows and Quilled Elegance sets are the top of my list - awesome designs! Thank you for all your hard work on the DT - I always look forward to your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I love the cards with the hearts!
    Greetings, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean an simple. LOVE these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Thanks for explaining how you did the banner on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific cards ... my favorite is the one with the hearts ... very clean & simple. Also love the ribbons & bows. Great work!
    Anita J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects Maile! I love the way the ribbon/bow is subtle, but the letters are bold. Love the colors on the 2nd card. Very pretty! LOVE the 3rd card. So amazing. Love the super CAS design, but I really love the colors and how everything is lined up so well. The 4th card is so elegant and lovely...I really love how you've been using so much gold on your projects lately. You do it so well! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS