Sunday, September 14, 2014

Introducing Book Club

Welcome to the final day of the Papertrey Ink September countdown. 

Today's group post is all about books! The new Book Club stamp set offers so many great jumping points for projects!  The rest of the design team and I have a lot to share with you today.  So, let me get started...
Up first a card using one of the sentiments included in the featured stamp set, Book Club.
I paired this congratulatory sentiment with a single butterfly image from the previously released Beautiful Butterflies stamp set.  Stamped it three times in a color combo of sweet blush, limeade ice and ocean tides.  The sentiment was stamped in pinefeather and the card was tied with matching embroidery floss.
Here's a beautifully simple bookmark, made using the new Basic Bookmark #1 die.
Used the same sentiment as the card above, but this time I paired it with butterflies from the Life is Beautiful.  Color combo here... sweet blush and pinefeather.
Up next, I used the same Basic Bookmark #1 die but this time as a tag.
I've paired it with ornaments from Holiday Cheer and a sentiment from 'Tis the Season Sentiments set.
My son has entered second grade this year.  My, how time flies!  He has also become quite the avid reader over the summer, and for this reason I was excited to put these Stitched Bookmarke dies to use.  My idea for these dies was to create a simple yet cool book marker, one that my son would enjoy.
Personalized with his initials, written by hand.  He is so into marking everything with his own initials.
Here's How: I simply made my color selection of embriodery floss and stitched way, wrapping around and around the bookmark, through the holes and tied the ends together on the backside.  The backside almost looks as cool as the front.  My son love these!  Especially the pure poppy, aqua mist and soft stone combo, it matches his room. 

Well, that's all I've got for you today. Just remember... everything you've seen peek of today will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning September 15th

Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile

12 comments:

  1. Oh snap. Now I need the Basic Bookmark 1 die, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bookmarks are wonderful. They would make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your Merry Christmas tag (and package). All of them are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the holiday tag that you created - all the special add-ons, like raindrops, and the die cut.
    Really special !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Mailes - beautiful details :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your samples are always so wonderful. It is great to see your son is developing into a reader. So many children miss out on the adventures waiting for them between the pages. I love the butterfly card and the clever bookmarks, too..

    ReplyDelete
  7. The graduation card and bookmark are just stunning! So simple and yet so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bookmark/tag for the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous ideas! Love the color combos & great details...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the way you worked with the bookmark, especially the one transformed into a Christmas tag. The different lengths of paper strips woven through the slots along with the other vertical elements is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS